You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Nemesis nostalgia...


Hmmmm, I’ve been reminded that we are entering a new year, with many changes in our future. No one knows exactly how these changes are going to take shape and impinge on our living. So, it’s the 14th of April and, every person out there must be making merry and welcoming the New Year.

This year (2009-2010) is called the ‘VIRODHI’ (yea, you read it right) varsham. I can see what you’re thinking!! And I propose my counter.

The 60-year cycle of the Tamil Calendar with the same name and sequence of years and this year happens to be the virodhi varsham 2009-2010(Georgian calendar).

April 13th marks the journey of the Sun from Meena to Mesha, in the Zodiac. This is commonly called ‘Sankranthiya”.(courtesy granma)

Now, getting back to the name of the year…. So, virodhi literally means, ‘enemy’. So has it something to do with overpowering enemies??

I wouldn’t completely agree on that. Like someone said

 “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere  

And I say an obstacle is opportunity in disguise!
And also, fear is the ultimate reason for all the complications under the sun. There is no powerful enemy than fear …. Fear to launch and fear to fail! The first step involved to triumph over an enemy is to
   slaughter the inner dread. So it is crystal clear that to decipher a difficulty it’s important to slash the fear (forever) and rip off the obstacles that it creates. It’s universal law that a person thinks only about his problems and not the solution. Its time that we understand what circumstances we’re in, and identify the key to unlock it. Trust me, follow your dreams without being distracted and they are sure to come true.

Also, I would to mention that the next year is called the ‘vikruthi’ (which means, brooding over events that had taken place). I suppose every living soul hates the notion of lamenting over things that cannot be changed.

I know it sounds so nebulous. I guess what I'll wish for is the opportunity to become involved in something meaningful, where I can make a difference. I still have a shred of morality left in me somewhere, am going to wake it up and make this world a better place to live in!

And finally, dear readers, I wish that all your New Year's wishes come true and let the dimple on your cheeks and smile on your lips remain forever and may this added year to your life be as nice as you!

*************HUGGGGSSSS********************

 

 

 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

hey astrologer good blog indeed "make this world a better place to live in" is my fav line in michael jackson's song hugs:)way to go miss.predictor.

Unknown said...

HIII...........

Let there be peace

Happy New Year........

The word "Virodhi" sounds weird naa!!!!

Sandhiya said...

well, virothi s better dan vikuruthi :-)

Arunan said...

tamil puthandu vazhthukal :-)
nice read.. font was tough to grasp :-)

Divya said...

Too flowery font!! x-(


I still have a shred of morality left in me somewhere, am going to wake it up and make this world a better place to live in!>>>:)

Hope the new year's a nice one... face obstacles, Sandy...nd, overcome them!! :)

Nd, oh yeah... nice vocab! :)
*thumbs-up*

deepika said...

I guess what I'll wish for is the opportunity to become involved in something meaningful, where I can make a difference. I still have a shred of morality left in me somewhere, am going to wake it up and make this world a better place to live in!



BRAVO!!!!CHEERS :)

Sandhiya said...

yooo!!!
join hands wimme :-)

Samyutha Rajendran said...

gud info d..bt slight mokkai!!!i think its coz of t info u provided dat makes me diff to conc..hehhehee

Sandhiya said...

oww!!!!!!!