You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

Monday, August 3, 2009

Collages


Choose the life that is most useful, and habit will make it the most agreeable- William James

Yesterday I took a quiz that levied my character. It was so damn revealing! It undeniably nailed my weaknesses on the head. Most of life is habitual. Habits, good or bad, make you who you are. Am not going rant about good habits and its adverse avalanche effect on us (pardon my technical terms, jus done with my exams). You do the identical stuff you did yesterday, the day before and every day.

People always tend to notice and bring out the bad habits in you-typical human. I hate to classify things as good or bad, because what may seem good to me might be bad to you. So, being very honest, am classifying habits (bad) which I can’t stand.

First, people are way too sanguine about how they’ll be able to accomplish their mission in a stipulated time. There’s definitely an enormous slit between being ‘confident’ and being ‘over optimistic’.

Second, Patience - is a virtue, and I wish that I were more. Where ever I go I see people trying to quickly finish up what they’re doing so that they can get to the next thing.

Making Caustic comments- The pointless sarcasm and hurtful annotations that we think make us amusing and witty.

Taking pride of being reckless- irresponsibility is highly volatile. The powerlessness to take responsibility for our actions, confess we’re Erroneous. .

Adhering to the past: The must to turn aside blame away from ourselves and accusing the past for everything,

Embryonic with excuses: To plug and blame others for one’s reluctance.

Filling with false hopes: The misguided need to impair the innocent who are usually only relying on us.

Not being considerate: playing favorites and not being fair.

These are some negative qualities I hate. But there are quite a few positive negative qualities like- 
'telling the world how smart we’re, taking advantage of every situation, to double cross (how is it not a virtue??),
 being defensive and self centered, making fun of people And making messes, chewing gum in the class, passing 
 adultery comments,bullying around and Cracking knuckles, vandalizing , yelling , shop lifting(chocolates, earrings)
,talking in a different language in front of someone who doesn’t understand, swearing , borrowing and 
not returning items (like books, pens :d)'
 what say folks??
To conclude
‘Our character is basically a composite of our habits. Because they are consistent, often unconscious patterns, they constantly, daily, express our character’
Habit is either the best of servants or the worst of masters.
Cheers!!!

7 comments:

sruthi said...

'playing favorites and not being fair'day -to -day local personality crime,not returning things and an inevitable situation for the lender!(puff-puff).way to go ....sunshine.

Sandhiya said...

TQM's effect :D?? i askd u nt to listen 2 the lectures :P

jokes apart, ummm !!!:))
merci :)

Unknown said...

Patience is loathsome and Shoplifting a virtue!! :-S God bless! :D

Sandhiya said...

@^ wt a surprise - SARCASM!! wow

n to quote

'Patience - is a virtue, and I wish that I were more. Where ever I go I see people trying to quickly finish up what they’re doing so that they can get to the next thing.'

so!! it proves t all.... again, 2 ur dismay..u've gotten t all wrong!!

deepika said...

hey that was rattling :)

cheers!!!!

Sandhiya said...

:))) tq:)

Divya said...

But, sandy... How is being sarcastic nd 'witty' different from making fun of people?? I jst dnt get it! Nd, wen M playng favourites or m NOT being fair, am i not just [I quote]tekng advantage of every situation[ends quote]??


Do englighten me!