You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A rendezvous with my pastimes



I'm in my 20's and I'm not tied down with anyone or anything. I feel as if I'm on the right track with everything else in my life except this.

Like every other person, as a child I started collecting old coins. I did manage to collect some old coins…but soon, the interest wore thin (btw, I still have it with me).

All I could get was 1p 2p coins and those mohenjo daro   coins K

 And then people advised me to collect stamps… that went on for a year, I was collecting Indian stamps (I din have any1 abroad to write to me, which included pen pals) and one fine morning, someone mocked ridiculously at my hobby (cos, I was collecting Indian stamps…is that a problem??) anyways, that did bother me and my interest vanished in thin air.

And then, I was lead into a new world of fragrance and happiness. Yea, it was GARDENING!!!

I loved it, I have no clue whether the plants respond to stimuli, but they did react to me.

Everyday I spent quality time with my plants, taking care of them. It felt nothing less than awesome. I could still remember vividly a rose plant. it was like, seeing a baby grow out of AN embryo . It was so chweeth and tender. I named it ‘Diana’ after the charming princess of UK. And ma girl was even more charming. Every time I see her I was like ‘who spilled gorgeousness all over you??’ and, like any other flower, Diana too breathed her last!
I cried my eyes out. While i was busy playing with n nourishing Diana, my mom was quite busy with a ladies finger plant, and she used to eat it raw(
every time I see her doing it, I could see two horns popping out, so I took extra care to  protect my sweet pea)

And, this went on for five years. Then we had to shift our house and that was the last time when I my met my flora friends. I still miss them!!

And then, I thought I should start cooking and I fairly succeeded in the mission. (I haven’t killed a soul yet!!)

All these hobbies were accompanied by a SINGLE HUMONGOUS HOBBY, A HOOBY THAT TAUGHT ME LIFE, AND TAUGHT ME HOW TO LIVE IT… READING BOOKS!

I have been reading novels ever since I was nine. Books are indeed the worthiest companions. It shaped up my personality, gave me confidence to face challenges, taught me what positive attitude is, how to judge people and how to make them stick on to me, how to argue and win, how to socialize and make friends, taught me the basics etiquettes of life!!

And it’s with me, lingering around me, EVEN TODAY. AND I AM SURE IT WILL NEVER LEAVE ME, EVER!
I jus want to fill up every minute of my day with things that I like to do... And I like it that way.
 

 

12 comments:

Prasad R said...

I also share some of the hobbies that u had like collecting coins and stamps. I still possess them. Good yaar hobbies keep changing wid time bt there should be something to keep u live always. U have chosen books now and ur right they will neva leave u.

Write a blog on AII Meet or anything related to AII i'm awaiting that.

Sandhiya said...

@prasad

sure i'll :-)

deepika said...

hey that was a sweet one :) :) wat to go....slaud!!!!




P.S-> tha rose plant looks v familiar :P

Arunan said...

hey ya...cute one..:-)..
i'll go abroad and send u letters... he he...
nice work..

Sandhiya said...

adhula oru 6 foreign stamps iruku :|

Unknown said...

very sweet childish description abt ur pass tym...btw wat happened to my previous comment on tis????

Sandhiya said...

yea indeed childish :d

i neva deleted nethng:|

SaiKrishnan said...

Wow i also did the samething except for books :D
felt like u wrote instead of me :-)

Divya said...

sai's just sed he did al of tht xcpt fr buks...i'll say it t othr way round.... i did none of it except fr buks... :P


Btw....ur rytng's improved... Since m readng al ur posts at a stretch, i can actually mek out t diffrnc frm wen u strtd nd till here....
*applauds*
:D :)

Sandhiya said...

hahhaha...yaa...gone r those dayz:)

Samyutha Rajendran said...

s tis al true?? ela reeel???? hehehe.. good 2 know al tis things abt u d..bt did u go bck 2 ur old place 2 c ur so called "diana".??

Sandhiya said...

obviously de.... bt shez no MORE:(