You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - M.K Gandhi

Monday, April 19, 2010

Fleeting World- Fall with Awareness and Acceptance

I guess am bored of beginning my post with a stolen quote, so this let me fill you in with a tidbit.
Trivia: Did you that consuming cheese early in the morning will not add on to your flab??

There is not a lot of lexis commencing with ‘Y’, which is often uttered by people of all age groups.  The Y word – YOGA!
What comes into your mind when you hear the word Yoga? 
(People, don’t think of me now: X).

If you deem of men and women in apparently impossible poses, then I guess you may have a hunch of what Yoga is! Except, that’s a hunch. There’s more to yoga than you think.
It was in the month of January I introduced myself to the daily regiment of yogic exercises. Initially, it was the zeal to trim down extra flab that I joined a class, I did not just stop there, curiosity did crawl inside me and I began to explore the history and meaning of every asana; Google was relatively helpful. I was amazed to know about the energy at different time zones (the reason for the above mentioned trivia).The history of yoga was quite interesting and, am so glad that it originated in India! For the rest, check out wikipedia.. :P

I go to temple often for solitary reason – to get my mind off from the hasty world and to compose myself. Now, I feel like going to my class to get the crust off myself. I can’t say which actually drew me close to this entire new world of understanding myself, whether it’s the cool breeze which kisses my cheeks when I sweat or the reddish orange round SUN rising in the east or the OM icon or my ‘yogini’ Beena’s magic , or just the thought of it . You wouldn’t disagree if I say – if one cannot always be in command of what goes on outside. But one can always control what goes on inside. Everything is linked to one another, feeling and healing.


I had begun to realize the power that is co existing in me. It’s like am looking out for my third eye (try imagining the scene from the song – ooessa…)
Off lately the ‘public concern’ ads have taken a great shape. I guess the birthrate in India is directly proportional to detection of new diseases with no cure or at unaffordable rate. Anger and anxiety plays an important role in determining this contemporary scenario. To support the immune system and lower the incidence of diseases, the best way out is to control one and what could be better than practicing the breathing exercises. Breath is the basis of existence and one can control life by controlling and focusing on breathing. When you inhale, you are taking the power from God or the nature (for those who don’t believe in the existence of God) and you are a symbol of refurbish to the world when you exhale.

There is a universal delusion about Meditation, that it clears the mind by making it voids. I have never experienced anything of that kind; it has without a doubt quieted my mind by making me aware of my body!
The best part is chanting ‘OM’, initially I couldn’t feel the vibration, but as the days went by, I not only feel the vibe, but also a connection J like my mind is a gadget and am its master with undisturbed calmness and wholeness. Our life is the creation of our mind and if one can master the mind, then life will bop to your tunes.
Yoga has influenced me to echo on myself and to comprehend my internal serenity.

A fulfilling life can be acquired only if both body and mind is sound. And I believe yoga is the supreme answer.

12 comments:

SRINATH said...

hey sandy nice one.... Keep going... ;)
------------------------------
I guess the birthrate in India is directly proportional to detection of new diseases with no cure or at unaffordable rate. <<<<<< Somewat related to Thermodynamics Which i study :P :D

deepika said...

Hey good one :) :)

and this is my fav part "You wouldn’t disagree if I say – if one cannot always be in command of what goes on outside. But one can always control what goes on inside. Everything is linked to one another, feeling and healing."

way to go!!!cheers!!!

Sandhiya said...

lol thankooo ;)

Sandhiya said...

@sri

:P:P enna dhna sola vara

sruthi said...

u drogi............i thought of writing a blog on yoga...!a pleasant move on each para...good going...and to quote "am part of this club.cheers

Sandhiya said...

hahah!!!tq tq......

Arunan said...

reminds me of the yoga classes we used to undergo in school...lol...good one...pleasant read:)

Unknown said...

Auuum! Now i feel de vibration B-)
Err.. Wait thats my mobile in vib mode :P

@author If u felt Humour in bad taste, kindly refrain from responding :D

Neva mind de pun ;) Interesting bit of writing san! Enjoyed readin t :)

Sandhiya said...

@arunan...
adhu nambo dakalti vidarthu :P

Anonymous said...

Machi! ore spirituality la irangita!? kalakkara po! but... yeah! Felt good to read though :) Cheers!

Sandhiya said...

thank u:) do read ma other posts...:)

callmeasviju said...

very nice blog...............plz visit my blog if time permits.............http://lets-cook-something.blogspot.com/